Trench heating and cooling
- Heating and cooling in a 2-pipe and 4-pipe system
- EC fan, quiet and energy-efficient
- Condensation drip tray as standard
- Short delivery times for our standard trenches
- A matching edge profile for a perfect design with every grille
- KaControl control system as standard; can be integrated into KaControl networks or building automation system, such as KNX, Modbus or LON
- Cost-effective efficient heating and cooling even at low noise levels
- Energy-saving EC tangential fan with flow-optimised impellers, cascaded arrangement as a continuous fan belt; this produces uniform airflow through convector with minimal sound emissions.
- High-performance coil optimised for airflow and heating and cooling output, with Eurokonus valve connection
- 2-pipe or 4-pipe system for individual comfort in every room
- Standard raised floor feet and mounting brackets with impact sound insulation for ease of installation of the trench system and avoidance of sound transfer
- Anti-torsion mechanism for heating connections prevents damage to the convector when fitting the valves; valves optionally available as accessories
- Specially designed condensate tray for safe removal of the condensate and simultaneous air routing; can be pulled out to the room side for ease of cleaning in line with the Hygiene Directive VDI 6022.
- Condensate pump set (optional) to drain condensate, if needed
- Buildings of all kinds in which there is a high cooling requirement due to the sun’s rays
- Clear view and feel good temperature in front of full-length glass façades
- Developed to meet the requirements of a modern room air conditioning
- 9 unit lengths, 2 unit widths, 2 unit heights; made-to-measure lengths on request
- The heat outputs were measured and determined in accordance with DIN EN 16430 "Fan-assisted radiators, convectors and trench convectors" Part 1: "Technical Specifications and Requirements", Part 2: "Test method and Evaluation of Heat Output" and Part 3 "Test Method and Evaluation of Cooling Output".
- The acoustics measurements were carried out in a semi low-reflective acoustic chamber in compliance with DIN EN ISO 3744.
Katherm HK for heating and cooling are ideal for all areas of buildings that need to be heated in winter and cooled in summer due to the high incidence of sunlight through the glass façades. Many years of experience have show that Katherm HK can be used to provide cost-effective and efficient cooling in these areas.
Katherm is available as a 2-pipe system and also as a 4-pipe system when heating with LPHW and chilled water (CHW).
Extremely energy-efficient EC tangential fans are used, which maximise use of the energy consumed. They are far superior to conventional shaded-pole motors particularly at low fan speeds. Operating the units at very low fan speeds equates to very low noise levels.